Y Consulting offers solutions to the challenge of employing Generation Y in four key areas:
- An marketing strategy that is simple, innovative and employee centred
- An interviewing strategy that tests more than interviewing skills
- An orientation process that makes an emotional connection
- A relational culture where they are valued and treated in a personal way.
- Flexibility with a sense of ownership and control over working conditions.
- A collaborative approach in which they have the opportunity to shine.
- Training in basic business practice and etiquette (don’t assume they know).
- Clear instructions and expectations with appropriate boundaries and autonomy.
- Relational mentoring with the goal of leadership development.
- Regular and frequent feedback along with reward for outstanding work.
- A willingness to consult them, taking their ideas and suggestions seriously.
- A sense of purpose and challenge in relation to their role within the company